Many myths still surround all matters related to the consumption of chicken eggs. How many eggs do you eat per day? Eat only clear to not have cholesterol? What do I do with the gem? You’ve been a villain, you’re the good guy now …
Anyway, I think common sense is worth a lot, because nothing in exaggeration does well. Studies prove the efficiency of eggs for a better functioning of our organism. And the best, it’s cheap!
The egg is extremely nutritious, it is very important for a balanced diet and its main benefits are:
– Low caloric value, with about 70 calories.
– Protein source, approximately 6 grams. This value corresponds to almost 8% of our daily requirement and its protein is the most complete in nature since it has all the essential amino acids in adequate amounts. Helps increase muscle mass and stimulates weight loss (body fat).
– Satiety (helps to resist temptations).
– Healthy fats and omega-3s are beneficial to the brain and vision.
– Good cholesterol, consumption of HDL helps decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease.
– Vitamins and minerals. Considerable amounts of vitamin A, D, E and B vitamins.
– Among the minerals, the egg provides good amounts of phosphorus, selenium, iron, iodine, calcium and zinc.
– Testosterone, important for gaining muscle mass, mainly by the presence of zinc, which is not so easily found in other sources.
It is also true that most of the calories in the egg are in the yolk and that most of the proteins are in the clear, so many despise the yolk. But it is worth remembering that the egg yolk contains omega-3 in the form of DHA, which is the same healthy fat found in fish as salmon. DHA is essential for improving communication between cells and the nervous system, is good for the brain, for the functioning of the eyes and for the control of fats in the blood.
Another very important nutrient, which you probably do not consume enough and is also found in the gem, is lecithin, which improves the dynamics of the cell membrane, controls what goes into and out of our body. It also helps to control fat and cholesterol levels, improves the gastrointestinal system. All cells in the human body need lecithin and the gem is your best choice to consume it.
It is noteworthy that the form that prepares the egg is that determines if everything that is written above will remain when being consumed. Make baked, omelet, baked, scrambled, add vegetables, vegetables, healthy cheeses … Less fried!
Make a baked omelet and surprise.
Omelette Oven – Ingredients
• 4 eggs
• 1/4 chopped broccoli
• 4 slices white minced cheese
• 1 chopped tomato
• 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
• Oregano to taste
• Salt and black pepper to taste
• Butter or coconut oil to grease the
• Grated Parmesan (optional)
Method of preparation:
In a container beat the eggs until they are mixed. Then add all the ingredients (except the grated parmesan) and mix well so that everything is incorporated. Arrange the mixture in a greased form and cover with Parmesan cheese. Bake in baking oven at 200ºC for about 15 minutes or until your omelet is ready. If you want to unmold to serve, put a knife on the sides and with a spoon and delicacy release the bottom.
Enjoy your food !
Written matter for the Jornal A Cidade Ubatuba